Darkness
Why is it so dark?
It's still early.
Yet it is dark.
Walking homefrom a long day at work.
In the dark.
Where is the light?
I want it to shine upon me.
To make me feelthe warm tingly feeling.Like the feeling that someone,someone out there can see the real you.
But right now,there is no light.
No one out there to see the real me.
There's just me and my friend;
Darkness.
I feel as if someone's watching me.
But they cannot really see me.
Because it's dark.
I feel as if I'm being followed.
I look behind me.
And the only thing there is darkness.
I just want light.
Is that too much to hope for?
In the dark.
I feel the eerie presence of the darkness.
Like the darkness is following my every move.
As I start to walk faster.
Through the darkness.
Wondering whenI will finally feel the warmth.
Of light.
-Carolyn Luu
In this poem, you know that the scenery is dark. I wrote this poem at about 5:30pm and it was already dark and I saw an old lady walking outside. Even though it would've been cold, she seemed happy and content. Some people can have everything and never be content whilst others can have nothing and feel like their the luckiest person on Earth. Some people feel that even though they are there and it seems like everyone can see them, they are never really noticed. No one talks to them or even smiles at them. They seem to glance at you quickly and glance away. When I said "I feel as if someone's watching me. But they cannot really see me." Of course they are seen but they aren't really noticed. I feel that everyone has something to offer, it just depends if you're willing to accept them for who they are. I wrote this poem through the eyes of a young adult who works very hard just to bring food on the table and wishes to be noticed, not just seen.
As you can see, this poem as a blank verse which means that they don't rhyme. I have also used some poetic techniques such as repetition, imagery and personification. I have deliberately repeated the word dark or darkness many times so that the readers (you) will be able to feel the darkness. When I wrote that the darkness was following me, I was using personification. I have also deliberately separated "Of light" to "I will finally feel the warmth." to create a feeling that they are really craving light, that what they truly want the most, is light.
I feel that many people may be able to relate to this poem and truly wish to be noticed for who they are. The feeling that no one will accept you or even care enough to try and get to know them.
Tissues
So soft and fluffy.
There to wipe away the tears.
Something so simple.
-Carolyn Luu
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Caz - didn't know u were so deep=)
Your reflection is one of the best i've read because you talk about ur poem, and then u talk about what u talk about... if that made sense...
i like how u said how people are always seen, but not noticed, that is really smart amd really true - i've never thought of it that way before...
your actual poem is awesome too, kind of scary, but also normal and like everyday life... so pro=)
yeah!!
caz all the way!
i really liked your
haiku, tissue,
something that blows
my mind away is the
'something so simple' part..
that's really simple but
makes sense...with deep meaning?
:O
cazcazcaz!
Post a Comment